Civil Disobedience `12/12/2016

Common denominator do they share?
  • More english type elective classes
  • Safety and requirements
Relationship
  • Not a very good one
  • The students would dislike admin more and possibly go against more rules
  • losing respect
Drawing the line
      • I would go to signing a petition but nowhere passed that.

"let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it. "
 - I think this quote is explaining how when we need to make decisions we need to figure out which one we agree with or which one would be better for us personally first and then that will help us.

"The authority of government, even such as I am willing to submit to... is still an impure one; To be strictly just, it must have the sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my person and property but what I concede to it."
 -I think this quote means that no one has any authority over him or anything he owns because he is his own person.

"...There are two types of laws: there are just and there are unjust laws. I would agree with Saint Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'"
I think he means by this that everyone is gonna disagree on which laws should and shouldn't be passed but you are always gonna have one person if not many that think against what others think. Maybe in some cases there are ones that are purposely not supposed to be passed for specific reasons but still are.

"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."
I think he means by this even though the laws might not be the best but he wont go against society and will go by what they say.

"Civil Disobedience"- when you don't agree with what is happening but you still go by what is placed down for you.




Comments

  1. I agree that I would go to the point of signing a petition because I feel like after that point it becomes more individual instead of standing together as a group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that an important part of civil disobedience is following the law even when you don't agree with it or are protesting it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Color of Water Chapter 15-17

Color of water chapters 6-8

The Great Gatsby Chapter 6