Great Gatsby Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"When I came home to West Egg that night I was afraid for a moment that my house was on fire." This would be so scary to think that your house was on fire but it was just from the party that was next to your house but you couldn't even see your house. I would be scared for my life if it was that way! "Only the wind in the trees, which blew the wires and made the lights go off and on again as if the house had winked into the darkness." So what I said earlier was wrong. Why didn't Gatsby have party at his house? What was happening to Gatsby?  "Old Sport" Why does Gatsby always call him old sport? Aren't they about the same age? "He added hollowly 'old sport'" There he goes again calling him old sport for no reason. It doesn't seem that nick really likes to be called that. "My face had now assumed a deep tropical burn." Is he embarrassed? OR did he just realize that Gatsby and Daisy know each other. "His hand took hold of hers, and as she said something low in his ear he turned toward her with a rush of emotion." They got to see each other again and still love each other and now they have gotten passed the fact of missing each other and are now back to getting to see each other after 5 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color of Water Chapter 15-17

Civil Disobedience `12/12/2016

Posessions 12/7/2016